Today I am going to talk a bit about chakras. Even if you already know what they are, this may prove to be an engaging read. If you do not know already what they are, read on, it’s fascinating, at least to me. I became interested in chakras and started to research a bit more about them when I read the book Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing, by Caroline Myss. Caroline Myss is what is known as a medical intuitive, which means she can basically look at someone and discover their ailment, just by examining their energy. In the book she claims to be provably right about 95% of the time, and that doctors will send her very extreme cases that they cannot diagnose, and she will most often come up with the correct diagnosis that the doctors could not find.
I used to think that chakras were Eastern myth and nothing more, and that there was absolutely no science to it. And then, through this book, I looked into the many different ailments of my clients, friends, and family, and saw how they directly related to what was going on in each of their chakras. For example, a client of mine developed scarring of her uterus after the love of her life died in a car accident. Another client of mine was worried all the time about her family; she developed a heart valve problem. Another client has constant low back pain, and a very unstable home relationship and childhood to boot. All of these ailments directly corresponded to a blocked chakra. I will explain each chakra below and you will see which chakra each ailment belongs to.
Because I am super short on time tonight, I am pulling this guide from http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/The-7-Chakras-for-Beginners.html
Here’s our quick summary of the 7 Chakras:
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- More on Root Chakra healing
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- More on Sacral Chakra healing
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- More on Solar Plexus Chakra healing
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
- More on Heart Chakra healing
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- More on Throat Chakra healing
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- More on Third Eye Chakra healing
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- More on Crown Chakra healing
So as you can see, the first client had a blocked second chakra, in her relationship center. My female client with the heart problem was blocked in her fourth chakra, or heart chakra. And the client with low back pain and an unstable household was blocked in his first chakra, or his root chakra.
What does this have to do with food? Everything. I believe that we carry excess weight or have physical ailments in our digestive systems because often we are blocked in the chakra that corresponds to that ailment. Take a second to think about where you might be ailing, having a digestive issue, or be in pain. Then look to the corresponding chakra. In subsequent posts down the line I will go into ways you can clear these chakras, so that your energy can flow more freely, and your body can operate at it’s optimum performance level. Until next time, chew on that.
- Energy Healing: Super-charge Your Vitality (moughendamickalashaman.wordpress.com)
- Health Bank Account (healthyisashealthydoes.wordpress.com)
- What Are Chakras and Why Are They Important? (conqueringfearspiritually.com)