Grab and Go Breakfast Ideas
If you live a ridiculously busy life, it can be really hard have a balanced diet, let alone even make time for breakfast. But with some careful planning, a fast, easy, on-the-go breakfast is possible. Here’s some great, easy, healthy ideas:
- Banana Pop – roll a banana in granola, stick a Popsicle stick in the end, and freeze.
- Leftovers For Dinner? – Last night’s leftovers can be a healthy, fast option for busy people. Heat and eat in the car if in a big hurry.
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars – Buy a healthy organic option like Garden of Life Organic Super Seed Whole Grain Apple Cinnamon Bars or use oats, granola, apple, cinnamon and raisins in a fast whole grain bread mix. Bake and put into individual serving sizes.
- Yogurt, Berries, and Granola – Throw all three into a Tupperware container and eat on the run.
- Freezer Whole Grain Burritos – make a batch of whole grain burritos filled with chicken, eggs, and veggies, and freeze. Pop in the microwave for 1 minute before running out of the house.
- Mini quiches – make mini -quiches in a muffin tin and refrigerate or freeze and heat when needed.
- Oatmeal Cups – make a batch of steel cut oats, pour into mason jars with fresh fruit and a dash of brown sugar. Freeze, then grab and heat and go. If you don’t have time to do it ahead, make the oats in the morning.
- Omelet Muffins – bake omelet muffins filled with low-fat, low-sodium turkey or chicken, mozzarella cheese and veggies. Bag and store in fridge or freezer.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – boil a dozen on a Sunday night, de-shell them and wrap in individual snack bags. Toss a tiny bit of salt and pepper in each bag.
- Kitchen Sink Smoothie – Blend all of your favorite fruits and vegetables, add lemon juice, fresh ginger and take it to go.